Saturday, November 21, 2009

Addendum

I will read the rest of the Twilight books! Just let me read them on my own time and don't nag me about them!! Please!! Also understand that just because I read them doesn't mean that I have to like them or even be obsessed about them!! Also please don't assume I'll love them. I've already stated in my previous entry how I feel. Let me say this. I'm trying to keep an open mind about the books. I'm trying to forget all the hype and everything and just read the books as though they were just another regular book that I'd pick up at the library. However, the fact that people keep on me about them is making me like the books less and less. I am trying not to let that get to me but it is. Also, the books just haven't grabbed me like they have others. Really they haven't. They're interesting, yes and I do want to read the rest. However, it's not like with a lot of other people. I've heard many people claim that they couldn't put the books down when they were reading them. Me, on the other hand, haven't had that problem. I've put the books down and haven't touched them for a long time. Just something about the books doesn't seem to interest me nearly as much as it does other people. Then again, vampires were never really my thing.

Also,does the fact that I'm not into the whole Twilight fandom, make me a bad librarian? I know not all librarians like every single book they read or purchase or suggest. But I'm sure a lot of them still like a lot of them get into the book trends. I know many librarians love Harry Potter and a lot like Twilight. Does not getting into the madness make me a bad future librarian? It kinda makes me think I am.I feel a bit guilty that I'm not into Twilight that much. If I don't like something, how can I encourage my students to like it? If you like something, you are more excited and eager to share it with others. Since I'm not such a huge fan about Twilight, how will I possibly deal with it in my future library. Especially when I get the crazed fans coming to me and wanting to talk about the book? I'd have no problems discussing Harry Potter with them! Twilight is a different story though.

Please stop nagging me about Twilight and let me read it on my own terms. If I happen to get more obsessed with it so be it. But please just let me find out on my own. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment