Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A mess of emotions

My new job is just horrible. I just downright hate it.  I dread every day I have to go in. I get knots in my stomach and feel like crying.

My manager is terrible. He rides on me so hard to get things done.

Twice last week, I broke down in tears while at work from the stress. I didn't break down in front of him though. I won't let him see.

I felt so broken down and I still feel like it. It's just been horrible. I've been wanting to quit for weeks now.

But my parents won't let me. They think this is good for me. They think if I quit now, I'll quit any time a job gets hard which is beyond true.

I just want out so badly. Every day I go in, I want to go home right away. I want to just walk out.

The job is just taking a toll on me physically and mentally.  At first, the job kept my mind distracted and busy so that I didn't think too much. However, that quickly ended. I don't feel happy anymore. I don't feel like smiling. I just feel numb. It's like the job has brought me into yet another depressive state.  I find myself breaking down in tears nearly every night after I come home. It's terrible.

Physically the job is taking a toll on me as well. I honestly don't know how much more my body can take. I'm sore all over. My lower back and both my feet are especially taking a beating. I feel like I can barely move at times. My right hand feels numb and tingly and has felt like this for several weeks now.

It's lucky I'm not triggered to self-harm. My hands and arms are just full of small cuts from who knows what exactly.   I also have a bunch of bruises on my arms and legs.  My poor hands are also suffering from the plastic gloves we are required to wear. My hands are so dry and peeling from the gloves and no amount of lotion is helping.

As for emotionally, I'm just such a mess. Take today for example, I'm off of work.  I should feel happy and relaxed and I do for the most part. However, I also feel like crying.  The release of emotions from having to keep them locked up while at work is just overwhelming. I try so hard to keep myself together while at work and try to stay strong but then it builds up and when I finally let it all out, I just feel like a mess.

It's not healthy for me to do this, but I don't have a choice.  In addition, on my days off, I just feel downright exhausted. No matter how much rest I seem to get, it never seems to be enough. I just feel so tired all the time. It's like my body just doesn't know how to react anymore.

I've been done with this job for weeks. I've been wanting out pretty much since I began.  Despite the fact that I'm young, my body is taking a toll and making me feel like I'm older than I actually am. I already had back problems before I began and now I feel like they've worsened. I also had problems with my feet before too. Putting myself and my body under this much physical activity can't be good for me either.
How much longer can my body take all this?

This job is just taking such a toll on me. I've already been broken emotionally and mentally. I get overwhelmed far too much and feel on the verge of an anxiety attack nearly every time I'm at work. My body doesn't feel like it'll take much more before it breaks down more than it already has.

I hate this job so much. I'm happier and more relaxed today because I'm not working. So that should say something.

I want this to end. I want someone else to hire me and now. I can't take anymore of this!! Please someone else hire me so I can quit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment