Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Motivation returns

Ever since the beginning of the semester, I've had little to zero motivation to do the work necessary for my classes. This has created problems for me. Namely the fact that I totally spaced on a couple of assignments for my School Library class and thus setting off a chain of me struggling to keep up and feeling lost.
I have no idea why the motivation hasn't been there. This really is the first time something like this has happened to me. I'm usually more on top of my classwork and such but not this semester.
It could be that I'm just burned out. I've been taking classes practically non-stop since graduating high school. The only breaks I got were when I couldn't take classes because my degree program didn't offer them.
I took classes this past summer. A couple of classes. One was a very fast paced class in Maymester and the other was throughout the whole Summer session.  My classes finished about a week before Fall semester began.
Maybe I'm just burnt out because I didn't get much of a break or something. I don't really know. Whatever the reason, it's taken until now for me to actually get motivated to do my classwork.I'm still not 100% motivated but I'm at least wanting to do my homework more and at least try to stay more on top of it.
Over the past week, I've actually had a stronger desire to actually do my work. There's still a strong desire to avoid doing the work (and specifically for my School Library class) but at least I'm doing it now.
Perhaps my therapy sessions have helped somewhat. The return of motivation seems to tie in with the beginning of my sessions. While we have mentioned finding strategies for helping me get more motivated we haven't actually discussed it much. Perhaps because my other problems are being dealt with I can put more focus into actually doing my work? 

No comments:

Post a Comment