Thursday, January 19, 2012

Selfish and stupid

I am seriously hating myself right now. I just did something that was incredibly selfish and stupid. It just adds to my problems it seems.

So I'm really excited today because I just got a brand new bed. I've been needing one for some time now and I finally got one. Well really I needed a new mattress but still. So I got one today. It's a non-spring memory foam mattress.  It's going to be a great mattress for me.

So I get a grown up bed now. Got rid of my daybed that I've had for awhile. It's great. I should be extremely happy right now. Except I don't get sleep in my new bed for about a week.

I'm actually bummed out about this. Upset is more like it. The reason is that my parents are here and well they need the bed.  They are older and such and it's better for this. I really didn't have the choice. They said they were taking the bed.

That's where the problem began. I know I shouldn't be upset over this but I am. Truth be told, I've never had to give up my bed for someone else. Never. This is a new concept for me to grasp and truth be told I'm really struggling  to grasp it.

I know I shouldn't be acting the way I am (childish) but yet I am and did.  I am actually really upset about the fact  that I have a new bed but don't get to sleep in it until after my parent's leave.

I realize it's common courtesy and everything but like I said I've never experienced something like this. 

My old daybed was a twin bed. The only type of bed I've ever had has been Twin sized. This is a Full bed now so two people can sleep in the bed now. So that's what my parent's are going to do. They are sleeping in the bed while they are here. Me on the other hand: I get demoted to my couch. Don't get me wrong. I love my couch and it's actually really comfortable but I'd much rather have my new bed to sleep in.

To make a long story short, there was an outburst over this fact and I was called selfish by my parents. They also said they were disappointed in me for acting this way.


I have some sharing issues. It's come from issues with my friends. This is what I've determined.  I know I shouldn't lump my parents into them but I did. I don't understand it myself.


I  don't know if I'm just so excited and jealous or what. But now I feel stupid for acting selfish. It's hard to explain how I'm feeling to my parents about the situation too. They don't get it and I guarantee if I could explain it, they wouldn't.

I know everyone has moments where they act selfish. I just wish I could better understand my reaction and could take it all back.

No comments:

Post a Comment