Sunday, January 29, 2012

Positive Outlook

It's weird but I've noticed that every since my return to Denton, things seem different with me. I mean things are just barely getting back into a routine (especially since my parents have only been gone 1 day) but for some reason I feel better about everything. Well, at least right now I do. I mean again, I really haven't had a lot of time to get used to being back and on my own.

Thinking about it tonight though, I just realized how positive my outlook about everything is. Of course, my course load is easier (so far!). I only have 2 classes and the stressful class is over. That makes things already better for me. Although, I'm sure my cataloging class is going to be challenging but hopefully not too bad.

Things haven't yet changed much yet as far as friends are concerned. Yet, I feel hopeful. I have plans to go to some church things and I feel hopeful that I'll meet someone there.

As for the incident that happened, well, I don't feel as traumatized by it. This is partly because talking to someone while I was home seemed to help.  I'm by no means ready to talk about it with family yet nor have I forgotten it. But I've started to let it go. I'm starting to stop blaming myself and being haunted by the memories. It's getting better though. At least, I feel like it is.

It seemed to help with everything. I mean, I haven't gone back to therapy here just yet but already I feel better about everything. I honestly think talking to someone while I was home helped a great amount.  Not having to wait and deal with everything just made me feel so much better.Knowing I had help here waiting for me.

I guess what I'm saying is that so far things are looking up for me. Certainly something I wouldn't have been able to say (and certainly wasn't saying) last semester.
I had hit a low spot last semester and it seemed like my life was just chaotic.

Things right now don't seem so bad. I feel more positive about this semester and year. I feel like things are finally settling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment