Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flirting challenges

This past weekend, my parents and I went to Las Cruces to watch a movie that for some reason isn't showing here in Alamo. The movie is Hope Springs starring Maryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones.

I love Maryl Streep and so does my parents. That's really why we wanted to go see it. That and the movie just looked funny in the previews.

It was a funny movie. I really enjoyed it and so did my parents.

Afterwards, we went to Olive Garden for lunch where we had the Unlimited Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks.

I was different when it came to both our drink orders and our soup orders and the server guy pointed it out.

My mom thinks that the guy was flirting with me and maybe he was.

I have to admit that the guy was pretty good looking and everything.

The thing is though, is that I just wasn't all that interested.

But it did make me think about the whole flirting thing.

If he was flirting with me, I was simply oblivious to it. It didn't register with me.

That's the thing with me and it worries me some. The fact that I'm oblivious to people flirting with me. That I don't seem to notice.

I've mentioned before how I'm not interested in a relationship at the moment. I'm focused on my getting my Master's degree and getting my career going.

This isn't the first time I've had people attempt to flirt with me or even try to get me interested in a relationship.

 It worries me because I'm afraid that I might not realize when someone is flirting with me when I'm finally ready or interested in a relationship. I mean I don't think that's how it'll be with me. I'm sure things will be much different. Still though, I can't help but think that it could become an issue.

I also still feel that I'm not all that attractive. I've discussed this in great detail before in another blog.

How will I ever know if someone truly finds me attractive and will I believe them?  Will I ever recognize when someone is flirting with me?

These are things that while they aren't things I want to take part in right now they are things that are on my mind. They certainly present some interesting challenges, I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment