Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Things I wish.... (a poem of sorts)


I wish I could move away from here
I hate it here
Somewhere I didn't feel so alone
Somewhere I felt truly safe

I wish I lived closer to campus
To feel more connected to others
To make it easier to get to know people

I wish I didn't feel so lonely
That I could get out more
That I wasn't afraid to talk more to people

I wish I had more friends
That my social life wasn't so nonexistant

I wish I still lived in Stillwater
Where at least I felt happier
And knew more people

I wish I could go back in time
And stop myself from getting my Undergrad degree
From getting something that was worthless in the end
Although I don't know what degree I would get instead

I wish I could figure out what's going on with my life
Why things have gotten so difficult lately.

I wish I knew where my life ended up
If I'd truly end up happy with the way things turned out.

I wish I didn't have to be an adult all the time
That I didn't have to grow up
That I could be carefree and innocent once more

I wish my emotions weren't so confusing
I rarely know what they're doing anymore

I wish I knew how I felt anymore
Everything just seems to be mixed up

I wish I could simply smile again
Be truly happy

I wish that
Everything would be simply be better again

I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment