Saturday, November 24, 2012

3 graduation poems I wrote

A bit of a different type of blog post than usual.

So my mom thought it would be a good idea for me to write a new poem to include with my Master's degree graduation announcements.   I've done this twice already before; for my high school graduation and again for my undergrad graduation.

I didn't exactly feel like writing a poem though. Lately I've just felt that my creative writing energy has been low.  But I ended up writing one after all. I actually had some ideas but just really was lacking the motivation to sit down and actually compose the poem. Eventually I just forced myself to do it.

 Each of the 3 poems I wrote have sort of built upon the previous poem. I just wanted somewhere where I could share all 3 poems. Until now, I've never really put all 3 of them together to see how they look.

So for your enjoyment, here they all are in order along with my age at the time I wrote them and the date of when I wrote them.



A Journey Begins…
Cap and gown are in place
13 years of schooling has ended
Years of hard work and studying
All come down to this day
Books are slammed shut
The hallways become silent
The bell rings one last time
The doors now close on our high school years
 Our memories are all that remain
Another chapter has ended
              A new journey is about to begin…
                                -Age 18
                             June 8, 2006




The journey continues…
4 years ago
One journey ended,
One journey began
4 more years of hard work,
Achieving one of my dreams,
Of earning a college degree
The journey has been tough
Its reward has finally been won
The support from each of you,
Has helped me throughout the years
And has given me the strength to keep going
When things became difficult
My journey is far from over
No matter where I go
If I just keep believing,
I can achieve great things.
The future is still waiting for me
The journey continues.
-Age 22
May 21, 2010


The journey ends here
6 years ago, a journey began
2 ½ years ago, the journey continued
The journey finally ends here.
Many years of education
Many years of support and encouragement
Years of dedication,
Hard work and sacrifice
Have finally reached their end
A Master’s degree
The final piece of the journey
Successfully achieved
A dream goal finally reached.
An educational journey is finally over.
A career journey soon to begin.
-Age 24
November 23, 2012
 

No comments:

Post a Comment