Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lucky

Ever since reading a blog post from a YouTuber regarding this word, I've been finding myself struggling to use this word accurately. I've had moments where I use the word but then I stop and think if that's really the correct word to describe. I feel weird when I now use that word because of what such person said.

Still though sometimes it cannot be helped but feel that such word accurately describes how I feel about things. I don't mean the word in a negative connotation either but I really don't know what other words to use.

For example, I feel that the fiveawesomegirls truly are lucky to have the friendship they do. I'm not saying that they don't deserve each other or anything like that. I'm glad they found each other and became such good friends. They are all wonderful people. I think it's lucky that they have such a wonderful friendship because some of us aren't so fortunate when it comes to our friends. I'm just saying that I envy them and their friendship. I don't exactly have a lot of friends and I've really really struggled to make and even keep many of my friends. So whenever I see a group of friends like them, it makes me envy their friendship. It makes me wish I had the type of friendship they have. I just feel like they are lucky to have such a wonderful friendship since not everyone does.
It's not that I'm a terrible friend or anything. Things have just happened. Most of it was because my friends did something to break my trust. In other words, they weren't a good friend to me.I've finally found some good friends but our friendship could use some improvement.I still wish for the type of friendship others have.

Then there's the whole relationship thing. I envy Hank and The Katherine's relationship. The are lucky to have found each other and just seem so perfect for each other. I know not every relationship is perfect though. Still though, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever find the right guy for me and have the sort of relationship that they do. I've never been in love. I've never been in a relationship. Many people I know have. Many of my friends have. But me? No. Never. So yes, I do envy them. I do think they are lucky to have found someone because I don't even know what it's like.  People can spend years searching for the right person and never find them. Sometimes people just find the right one from the get go (I know of at least 2 classmates where this was the case).  Yes, quite a bit of it is luck in this case.

Finally there's the whole thing with job hunting. I've applied for at least 2 positions already. Both are Youth Librarian jobs (1 Teen and 1 Children) and both are in San Antonio; my ideal location. I meet the qualifications already. Now I'm just waiting  so I can decide what my next move is.
In this case, it mostly is luck after meeting the qualifications and submitting all the necessary information. If I sound like a potential candidate, I could get called for an interview. If everything goes well during the interview, then I might get the job. It all depends on who else applied, how many applied, how well the interview went, etc.  It is mostly luck in cases like this. I could do well on the interview and impress them and still not get the job. Sometimes luck does have a lot to do with it. Ive already worked hard to get to this point but now, it's not really in my hands.

Going back to "lucky". Yes, sometimes it's not always luck that leads people to get to where they are. People work for it. But yet, sometimes people aren't as fortunate in comparison to others. People feel that others are lucky because they could be envious or jealous.

I do believe that sometimes it is just simply luck that has gotten people to where they are. It's just how things worked out for them. Sometimes it is about taking a chance in life and just being fortunate enough that everything turned out. Luck isn't the only thing though. It's also about hard work and sacrifice.

So "lucky"? Perhaps it's not such an absurd word after all. 

Sometimes I just wish I had a bit more of it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment