Monday, August 1, 2011

Eye problems (and Pottermore!)

So today is the start of Blog Every Day August.  I really don't plan on doing it. Especially since I have another blog that I have yet to complete for my summer class and I really haven't started on it yet. It's due on the 12th. Also, I have a storytime that I have to complete by Sunday and I'm having trouble finding someplace to do the storytime.  So really I don't have time to actually participate but that doesn't mean that I can't blog. Who knows, I could end up writing everyday but I'm not counting on it.

First item of business on today's list is that I got into Pottermore last night (actually early this morning!)! I'm so excited that I got in! I'm a witch now! YAY!! I can' t wait to see what it's all about. Of course I could've gotten in yesterday. I was just too tired to stay awake and I didn't think the clue would be up that early. So long story short, I missed out getting in on Day 1. Which really bothered me because practically everyone else I knew had gotten in on Day 1 including my brother and sister-in-law.  But now I'm in and I'm super happy about it! Last night, I stayed up really late. I was up until at least 2AM waiting with several tabs open on my computer: Pottermore website, the quill Pottermore website, Twitter, Pottermore clue Tumblr, , "pottermore clue" tag tracked on Tumblr, and World Clock of UK time. I was tired and decided to get a little bit of sleep but set my alarm for 3:30AM. It's a good thing I did because the clue appeared at around 3AM. I'd only missed it by about 30minutes. Thanks to the tracked tags, I already knew what the answer was. Due to the high traffic, I couldn't actually get to the clue and just went straight to the answer page to find the quill and start registering. So exciting! I finally got in! I went back to sleep after all the excitement was over since I had an eye doctor's appointment later. I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to be really tired.

That was the other excitement of the day: My eye doctor's appointment. Right now, I'm having trouble seeing properly since they dilated my eyes. so bear with me. I'll be amazed if this blog turns out to have no typos. That'll take talent.  My eye doctor is in El Paso and so my dad and I drove over there. I've been having trouble seeing lately. Things seem to shift when I look at them. I've been compensating by either closing my left eye or by putting my hand up to my nose because it seems to help. I've been really having problems since last October but they seem to have gotten worse.  My eye doctor is almost always so busy and you have to wait awhile. A lot of waiting is involved.
They run tests and dilate my eyes and then I have to wait some more and then they do more tests. It turns out that my left eye is crossing to the point where prisms won't help anymore. I used to have prisms in my glasses to help with this problem when I had problems in 10th grade but now they wouldn't help. It turns out that I'm going to need eye muscle surgery to correct the problem. 

I'm already nervous about the surgery and it's not even officially set yet (the doctor still needs to look at my records). I've had eye surgery before (back when I was little) but I don't remember it. Although, I'm nervous about it, I realize that it needs to be done if I ever want to see properly again. The plan is that I'd have the surgery in December during my winter break and before Christmas.  I'm not sure what to expect. I just hope after it's over, I'll be able to see properly again.

That was my excitement of the day.  I'm extremely tired now. I think it's a combination of staying up late and lack of sleep plus the drops in my eyes from the eye doctor.For some reason though, I generally am a bit tired after an eye doctor's appointment. A bit weird but true. 

Hope this didn't bore you too much.



No comments:

Post a Comment