Friday, August 5, 2011

More Harry Potter!

"Everything is Harry Potter and everything hurts" 

This week my hometown public library showed all the Harry Potter films that are out on DVD. I was unable to go on Monday due to my having an eye doctor appointment but I went for the rest of the week.

I didn't actually stay for all the movies or for even most of a movie except for Goblet of Fire. I'd already watched most of the films in a pre-final movie marathon and therefore I didn't really need to watch all of them again. (Though to be quite honest, I still haven't watched all of 5, 6, and 7.1 yet this summer).

The main reason I went was because of the trivia contest that was going on. I had gone to the library on Tuesday just to pick up some books. The library staff know I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan and at first I had been told I wouldn't be allowed to participate since it was only for kids. However, they changed the rules and I was allowed to participate  (although I told them they really shouldn't let me participate).

The trivia questions weren't all easy and in fact to be quite honest, I had to go locate some of the books to double check some of the answers. The thing is though, I knew exactly which book and where in the book I needed to look in order to find the answer. So technically I don't feel as though I was cheating. Some of the questions that stumped me were:  "What is Severus Snape's mother's first name?" "How many secret passages are there out of Hogwarts, including those that are now blocked?" (I was unsure about the number on this one) "How many questions were on Lockhart's first quiz?"  and "What year was dragon breeding outlawed ?"(this one I had to ask someone else for the answer because I absolutely did not know!).  Bonus questions were to name the Patronuses for certain characters. The ones that I couldn't remember were : Ernie McMillan and Cho Chang. Now that I know/found all the answers for all the questions I struggled with though, I know I won't forget them. Just some more facts to add to my knowledge of Harry Potter.

So because I got the majority of the trivia sheets correct, I won prizes. (except for Monday since I couldn't be there although I did answer the trivia sheet for that day).  I won a Time Turner Sticker Kit and a Harry Potter Sticker Kit, a Harry Potter Poster book and awesome bookmark, and two bobbleheads: Harry and Hermione.

I really didn't care a lot about the prizes or if I won. I mainly just wanted to test myself to see how much Harry Potter information I actually knew. I'm actually surprised that I know that much.  It's not all just the main facts I know either, some of the facts I knew are pretty obscure. It's awesome though!

Really though, I just had an awesome time this week. It's Harry Potter. What more do I have to say!? I loved it!

The magic will never end for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment