Thursday, September 13, 2012

Addendum

This is an addendum to my post "When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

I'm writing another blog post on bullying and was searching through some of my old diary entries trying to see if I'd written about an incident in one of them when I came across something interesting.

I mentioned in yesterday's post how I've felt that I'm different and that people didn't really like me.
I also mentioned how my therapist wanted me to think about reasons why people probably didn't like me.

Well I found this interesting snippet from a diary entry dated September 9, 2000: "Rebekah told me that Sarah, Alycia, and Kelly think I'm weird. (September 12, 2000) But I don't know how or why they think I'm weird".  I guess I followed up a few days later and added that last part.

Sarah, Alycia, and Kelly were part of the group of girls in my Girl Scout Troop that didn't include me in things. They were the main 3 of the group but there were a few others that went along with them at Girl Scout meetings.

My (best) friend at the time was Rebekah and she got to be friends with Sarah, Alycia, and Kelly.  I guess I asked her to ask them about me. Why they didn't like me and I guess that was their response.

Simply because I was weird, they didn't like me? Why did they think I was weird? That much I never found out.  Like what specifically made them think I was weird?

Now that I think back on it, I'm pretty sure I've always been weird; different. I've said already how I've always felt different. I guess this is just proof right here. I guess I've just learned to embrace it by now although it certainly confused me when I was younger.

Anyways, I'm typing that entry up and taking it with me to my session next week. I'm sure my therapist will find it interesting like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment