Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Overview

As the hours countdown to the New Year, I just wanted to take some time and give an overview of some of the  major events that took place for me during 2012:

First of all in May 2012,  my mom came down and spent some time with me in Denton. We went to the Arts & Jazz Festival.  We also went to the Cinco de Mayo celebration where I helped out at the library's booth for a little while.

But the main thing is that it was on Cinco de Mayo that I came down with appendicitis. Later that afternoon I started having pain in my right side but I thought it was my stomach.  The pain got increasing worse as the evening wore on and it got to the point that I just couldn't take it anymore. It was at this point that my mom took me into the ER where we eventually learned that I did have appendicitis and had surgery the next day; May 6th.

It was few days after my surgery, that we packed up and drove down to La Porte, TX to spend a few days with my aunt (my dad's sister) and uncle.  After that we drove to Richmond, TX for a First Communion for one of my second cousins.  Following this event, we drove down to Corpus Christi, TX and spent a few days visiting my Uncle (my mom's brother) and his family. Finally, we drove over to San Antonio, TX where we spent a few days visiting my great aunt (my mom's side) and then spent the rest of the time with some family friends of ours.

A few days after we returned home, I headed out to Phoenix, AZ to attend my 2nd Phoenix ComiCon which was so awesome despite the fact that I was still recovering.  After which, I brought my nephew back to NM to spend the summer.

About a month after my appendix surgery, I had another surgery. This time it was planned. I had eye muscle surgery on June 5. So I was back recovering for awhile before we actually did anything "fun".

After I had recovered, during the month of July, we took some short trips around the state. We drove up to Roswell,NM to visit the Alien museum. We took a trip to Carlsbad to visit the Caverns. My nephew and I went to Bob-O's Family Fun Center in El Paso,TX and had a blast go-karting, playing mini golf, bumper boats, and laser tag. We finished off our fun by going to Wet N' Wild water park for a day.

We took my nephew back to Arizona and spent a few days with my brother and sister-in-law. Then in August, I went back to Denton to finish up my last semester.

Not much worth noting here other then my EOP's or End-of-Program exams. Other than that, I just helped out at the library and that's really it. I didn't do anything too exciting.

During the first part of October, my parents came down to visit the Texas State Fair. We took the A-train into Carrollton and then took the Green Line DART rail all the way to the fair.We had a great time.

At the end of October, I received the results of my EOP's and I passed! That meant that I was officially graduating.

Then earlier this month, on the 14th, I graduated with my Master's degree in Library Science with a concentration in Youth Librarianship.

Now I'm home in NM spending the holidays with my family. All of us were here for Christmas where I got my very own game system!! I got a Wii system from my brother and family. It was not only a Christmas present but also a Graduation present.

2013 approaches and I'm spending the last night counting down the hours with my nephew while my parents attend a party at our church here.  My nephew and I plan to spend much of the night playing various video games and then ringing in the new year by popping off confetti poppers.

My 2012 was certainly interesting. It was certainly rough for me emotionally; particularly the last semester.

Right now, I'm hoping 2013 will turn out better for me and that I'll figure things out. I'm hoping that by the end of the year, I'll have a job somewhere.

Here's to 2013! Happy New Year everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment