Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BEDA Day 13: Chapter 12 -Busy Bee

Technically I don't have time tonight to Blog but since I am committed to BEDA, I figured I would still blog anyway even if that means my post is a short one.

So I've been really busy throughout this whole semester and it's only going to get worse next semester I'm told. This is a bit of a problem for me because I tend to procrastinate. However, more recently I have gotten better at it. Now that I'm no longer working, I have more time to finish assignments and such. I have been trying to take advantage of this and getting as much as I can done before it's actually due. This means that if something is not due until Tuesday, I try to have most of it finished by Monday. For the past couple of weeks, I've been coming back from my tutoring sessions on Thursday and relaxing for a while before eating dinner. Once I've finished eating, I try to force myself to get started on my homework. I write my journal reflections for both my Middle Level class and for my tutoring session since neither of them take that long to write. The only thing I don't type in my tutoring reflection is some of the data because I need to discuss it with my partner to make sure it's the same. However, once I get the data, I just fill it in and I'm finished. I usually just do the reflections on Thursday and call it a night and leave whatever else I have to finish until Friday or the weekend. Usually this is my Geometric Structures homework and I still usually wait until the Tuesday before class to work on it. So although I still tend to procrastinate, I am starting to make an effort to stay on top of things. It's good too because then I'm not stressed out the night before trying to finish everything that is due the next day.

This week and for the next 3 weeks (actually about 2 because the last week is Finals) things are just going to be even more hectic and busy. For instance, just tonight I have to type up a rough draft of a Post Assessment Report for my Literacy class for our tutoring portfolio AND I have to finish putting together a Webquest for my Educational Technology class. Both are due tomorrow and both are taking quite a bit of time to finish. Especially the WebQuest. I also have some Geometric Structures homework I need to do but I can work on the tomorrow before class, so I'm not too worried about that. I was going to try and finish typing up my Interview 5 for my Primary Math class tonight too. However, since I found out that we have until Saturday to have it done, I'm going to wait until either tomorrow night or Friday to work on it. That helps to reduce some of the stress. I need make a list of everything I have to get done this weekend and put together some plan of attack so I can make sure I get everything finished in time.

It's just crazy!! My professor's are just piling on the work we need to get done and it's starting to overwhelm me a bit. The only way I can manage to survive is just by trying to take things one at a time. All this work is doing to me (besides driving me crazy) is making me appreciate that it's almost over more and more each day. I'm so ready for Summer break. Then I'll get a chance to relax and breathe before having to tear my hair out for Fall semester. I'll also be able to get a decent amount of sleep which I don't get to do and haven't really been able to much of this semester. Take tonight for example, I won't get to go to bed until at least 2AM if I'm lucky. But hey, that's the life of a college student. That also explains why after I get back from classes each day, I take a nap. That's really the only time I can catch up on some sleep.

Now I really need to stop procrastinating and return to my homework.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds scary.. and difficult. :/

    Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete