Sunday, April 5, 2009

BEDA Day 3: Chapter 2-18 things to do survey

So I should probably explain how my blog will work. Basically, it's a story of my life every day and each day is it's own chapter. Make sense? It does to me.


Ok so other BEDA participants have filled out this list and now I'm going to do the same even though I'm well over 18 years of age (I'm 21). So here we go:

"18 Things to do Before Turning 18" survey, by Reese's Puffs Cereal:

1. Ride the world's biggest roller coaster

FAIL. In fact, I just rode my very first rollercoaster when I went to Vegas in celebration of my 21st birthday. The Canyon Blaster at the Circus Circus Adventuredome. Yes, I'm sure there are some people reading this who are shocked that I've never been on a rollercoaster prior turning 21. You aren't the only ones. My older brother was also surprised to learn this. However, now I have been on my first rollercoaster and am no longer a "Rollercoaster Virgin". But no I haven't been on the world's biggest roller coaster and I doubt I ever will.

2. Bungee jump!
FAIL. Not something I was planning to do EVER. Next question.



3. Score the winning goal/basket

UNKNOWN. I'm not much of a sports person. I don't really like them and I've never played on any organized team. The only sports I ever did were Gymnastics back in 2nd grade and Swimming lessons during the Summer. I don't even really know if I've ever scored a winning goal/basket. It's possible if you count P.E. classes but even then I can't be certain if I actually ever did. So this one is uncertain unless you count Wii sports, because I certainly have accomplished this on there.

4. Win an award, trophy, or prize.

CHECK! Done and done! In fact I've accomplished this one many times. Most of them just further establish my Nerdfighter status such as my 2nd place medal for Science Crime Busters in 8th grade and a 4th place medal in 10th grade for Fossils at State Science Olympiad.

5. Learn an instrument.
CHECK CHECK!! Checked twice. Once for piano which I've been playing since 3rd grade and again for clarinet in 6th grade Band.

6. Go back stage at a gig.
FAIL. Don't I wish I could have done this. Not really possible either. Next question.

7. Meet your idol.
I would say Check but since I wasn't 18 (I was 20), it probably doesn't count. I've met 2 of my idols. November 2, 2008 in Oklahoma City: Hank and John Green during the Tour de Nerdfighting. I have other idols that I haven't met though.

8. Play a part in your favorite TV show.
FAIL. Again, don't I wish and also now that I think about it, how is this even possible to do before turning 18 anyways? I'm quite positive that most under 18-year-olds will never accomplish this feat even after they turn 18. It's just not reasonably possible. Next question.

9. Meet someone with your own name.
CHECK. I've met a couple people who had the same first name as I did. Spelled the same way as my name too. It is however, still a rare occurance. Not many people have my name, and those that do have the common spelling which is the spelling with the "h" in it.

10. Make a discovery.
FAIL. I'm not that talented enough or even have enough money needed to make a groundbreaking discovery or anything like that. Next question.

11. Get away with the perfect practical joke.
I'm not really much of a practical joker. In fact I don't really like practical jokes all that much. I've had some pretty mean practical jokes played on me by friends and hated them. I've played a few practical jokes on people and gotton away with them but they weren't really what I'd call perfect and really were just simple. So I can't really check this one off the list.

12. Own a pointless collection.
CHECK. I actually have a couple pointless collections: unsharpened pencils with fun designs on them and bouncy balls.


13. Invent a word that makes it into the dictionary
FAIL. I've invented a couple of words but nothing that has made it into a dictionary or even been close to making it into a dictionary be it an actual dictionary or online.

14. Conquer your biggest fear.
FAIL. I do have fears but I'm not really sure what my biggest fear is. Even if I did know, I probably wouldn't have conquered it yet. Moving on.

15. Raise money for charity.
CHECK. I don't remember what charity it was for though but I just know I did.

16. Pass your driving test the first time
CHECK! No real big problems there. I'm actually a really good driver too.

17. Complete a road trip coast to coast.
FAIL. The furthest I've gone on the west coast was to California but I was 19 and I've been all the way to Florida but that was in a plane. So no I haven't completed a "road trip coast to coast".

18. Reach 18 years of age.
CHECK! On March 8, 2006.

So only about 7 for me. Not even half. This list really doesn't make sense to begin with. But then again what else can you expect from a cereal box?

1 comment:

  1. I thought about doing this, but as I'm not 18 it seemed a little odd to do so.. I still might, though. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete