Saturday, April 25, 2009

BEDA Day 23: Chapter 22-Lazy Day Saturday

So today I spent most of my day at my apartment being lazy. Technically I should have probably done more but I didn't. Considering the fact that I only have 2 weeks left of classes, you think I'd be putting all my stuff together and everything. However, instead I chose to take it easy. Or somewhat easy. Generally since I don't get much sleep during the week, I like to sleep in on the weekends. So of course I woke up a bit late. Then I ate breakfast and read for a while before I took a shower and got dressed. I then did some cleaning. I've been needing to do some cleaning for a little while now and I finally got around to do it. The only time I left my apartment today was to go get some lunch.
I've been wanting to try this one restaurant so I finally did. It's called House of Greek and yes, it sells Greek food. Now at the very beginning of this month I was fortunate enough to go to a Cultural Dinner on campus. They usually have them once a month and I've been going to them since Fall semester. Now at these Cultural Dinners they focus on a foods from different cultures. During these two semesters, there has been South African, German, Brazilian, and Lebanese. There was also a Mardi Gras one but I wasn't able to attend that one due to work. This month was Greek. So I had already tried some Greek food prior to today. While in Las Vegas, we had come across a restaurant selling Gyros. I've never tried them before and I didn't even know what they were until my sister-in-law explained. They sounded interesting and since I'm usually up for trying new foods I wanted to try one. I got a Gyro Basket which came with fries and a drink and I brought them back to my apartment. Not bad! I really liked it!! I may have to go back again fairly soon and get another one!! :)

So after I had finished lunch, I relaxed and read a book and took a little nap. Oh and also to let you know: I finally finished Twilight!! Now I need to find/buy and read the next one: New Moon. After I woke up, I did some vacuuming and finished cleaning. Then I made some Shrimp Spaghetti for dinner and watched Chamber of Secrets on ABC. I have the movie and could watch it without all the commercial interruptions if I really wanted to but I didn't. Besides it gave me something to watch. Now that the movie is over with I've just been messing around online and attempted to work on my Tutoring Portfolio for my Literacy Class but epically failing. I keep getting distracted by other things.

Basically that's my Saturday. Not very exciting or anything. It was nice to have a day to relax a bit and enjoy everything before things get crazy. Hope you had a nice Saturday and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment