Friday, April 24, 2009

BEDA Day 22: Chapter 21-Here Comes the Sun...

Toward the beginning of the month I was complaining about how it was too cold still. Now I'm afraid I'm complaining a little about the opposite; being too hot. Although today wasn't really too bad unlike the past two days. The past two days were really really hot and therefore were miserable. I did want it to warm up but I didn't want it to be this warm. I was hoping there would be a happy medium; not too hot and not too cold. The sun seems to drain me whenever it gets too hot. Since I walk to class, walking in the hot sun isn't fun. By the time I reach my destination, I feel exhausted as though the sun just drained all my energy. Also, the fact that I have dark hair doesn't help matters much either. My hair is just like a heat magnet. Since it's so dark, it absorbs the heat and results in my hair getting warm. Of course, it's only been like this for a couple of days and so I haven't had time to get my hat. As I said though, today wasn't as bad. Today was really nice. The temperature only got in the 80's and it was also windy. But it was nice. I had to meet with one of my groups to film a video project for our EdTech class and got to be outside for a little while and enjoy the nice weather.

Now, there are some good points as well regarding the warm weather. First off, the fact that it's getting warmer seems to increase my cravings for cool treats; ice cream, Popsicles, Slurpees, etc. So today when I went to Walmart, I bought some popsicles!! Yum!! I've already had popsicles since I like them so much. One sure sign that the weather is finally warming up!! Although you would probably associate popsciles more with summer. For me that'll be happening soon. I only have 2 more weeks of classes before I begin my Summer break! Yay! :D

Another thing I really enjoy when the weather gets really warm, is Lemonade! Lemonade is really good practically anytime and is one of my favorite drinks in the first place. However, there is something to be said about it being a nice refreshing drink on a really hot day. In fact, I overheard a parent talking to their child the other day when it was really hot. She was telling her kids that they could make some nice cool lemonade when they got home.

Lemonade and Popsicles. Two sure signs that Summer is on it's way. I'm definately ready for Summer. I'm ready for a break from classes. Right now, I'm still not sure what I'm going to be doing for Summer. I'm hoping to go home and spend my Summer there. It just depends on if I can get a job (more on that later). I hope I can go home and spend time with my parents and my nephew (he'll be visting for a month). I can't wait!! Summer here I come (in 2 weeks!)!

1 comment: