Monday, April 6, 2009

BEDA Day 4: Chapter 3- Classes Part 1

Finally blogging about my classes. Well it makes sense since it's the beginning of a new week and I actually have classes to talk about today (I don't have any classes on Fridays).

So my classes this semester have been crazy and I've been so busy. So busy in fact, that I had to end up resigning from my part-time job at our Public Library. It just got to be too much for me to handle. Tuesdays were the worst days. I'd go to classes from 9AM until 3:15PM and then I'd come back to my apartment, drop off my stuff and go in to work at 4PM. I'd work 5 hours from 4 until 9:15PM, come back and eat dinner. Then I would work on homework until 1:30 sometimes 2 AM and I had to get up at 5 because I have a 7:30 class on Wednesday. Not fun at all. So now I am no longer working which is good because I don't feel nearly as stressed as I did. However, it's also bad because I don't have the extra funds to do fun stuff. All my funds are going to paying bills and such.

What's bad about this whole thing is that next semester is even worse they say. In fact they highly recommend that you don't work at all. The coursework is just that intense next semester. I kinda need to work but already my schedule doesn't look promising at all. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to work at all. But also I struggle to stay organized and you need to be organized next semester. If I can survive next semester it will be a miracle.
Most of my classes this semester involve groups and partners for projects. Which is good in a sense but also not so good. I don't really like working with partners for the main reason is that I feel that I work better by myself. However, that's not an option this semester and for the most part I get along well with the people in my groups and with my partners. The one exception is with my tutoring for Literacy class. We tutor a student in reading every week. Because they didn't have enough students for each of us, they had to double some of us up. So some students have 2 tutors. My partner is ok. But I just feel that my partner's and my personalities don't mesh well. I really don't feel comfortable being with her and it's hard because every week we have to work together. The good thing is that we only have 4 more sessions before we are done with our tutoring project and then I don't have worry about her anymore.

I've hit a bit of a slump with my classes. Ever since I came back from Spring Break, I've been so unmotivated. I just don't want to be in class anymore or do anything. I'm sick of doing everything and would honestly much rather just do nothing (though I know that wouldn't last long because I'd get bored). It makes it hard because I still have so much that I have to do within the next 4 weeks. Whenever I think about how much I still have to do, it drives me crazy. It doesn't seem as though I'll manage to get everything done in time even if I do have more time now that I'm not working. Some of the stuff that we will be turning in at the end of the semester, I haven't even started on (mainly they're just notebooks with papers that we need to put together). I'm wondering if Spring Fever also has something to do with my lack of motivation (more on that in a later blog). All I know is that I'm counting down the weeks until everything is over.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything! Sounds veryvery busy and somewhat scary, but I know you can do it! <3

    ReplyDelete