Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BEDA Day 12: Adventures

So today was more interesting day than I've had in awhile. It involved a lot of walking and bus riding.

Today started off by me oversleeping a little bit. I was going to get up at 7 but ended up getting up at 7:30 instead. I had a doctor's appointment that I needed to be at by 9:30 and I needed to be sure I caught the bus early enough. I managed to get to the bus stop by about 8:30. I took the bus to the Central station, so I could catch the bus to the medical center where my doctor's office is located. It seemed to take forever for the bus to arrive and I was worried that I wouldn't make it in time for my 9:30 appointment. I ended up getting off a little way away (since I didn't know where the next stop was) and walking (actually more running) to the medical building in order to make it in time. I managed to make it in time which was good. Afterwards, I walked to the other bus stop that was actually closer than the one I got off at. (I knew there was another bus stop that looked closer but I wasn't 100% positive). I waited for the city bus for awhile but then realized that directly across the street was a bus stop for one of the Campus buses. Since I was planning to explore the UNT campus anyways, I decided to catch that bus instead. I was originally heading to campus for the International Food Fair but unfortunately I misread the information and found out it had been last week instead. So just walked around campus observing people and listening to my music. I sat the Union for awhile and then I went inside. I went upstairs and then I walked back outside and headed over to the library. I sat there for awhile but started to get hungry and felt like I'd explored enough for one day. I walked across campus to catch the bus back to Central and then back to the library where I walked home. I made some lunch and then just spent the afternoon at my apartment. I was actually pretty tired this afternoon. I don't know if it was just the lack of sleep (I went to bed really late and then got up a bit early) or if they morning caught up with me. So I took a bit of a nap and felt much better.

So that's my adventure for today. I explored the UNT campus since I never really had before. I took notes on my observation and now I have to write about my experience for Friday's session. I'm thinking of creating a poem or some type of story. It made me think about how I used to observe people and scenery and take notes to use in my writings. I haven't done that in awhile and I enjoyed getting the opportunity today. For once I did something many people have been telling me to do: I had an adventure.

P.S. I got a different type of vaccine today (that's why I went to the doctor), and once again my arm is bit sore. But not as bad and at least this time it's my left arm so I can still use my right arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment