Saturday, April 16, 2011

BEDA Day 16: Book Festival, Harry Potter, Fear talk, and Palm Sunday

So I want to know if talking about what I do on a daily basis bores people. But since it doesn't seem anyone really reads this anyways, what does it matter?

Lots of topics to talk about today. First off, this morning I walked down to the North Texas Book Festival. I've never been to something like this before and it was very interesting. Lots of authors and some small publishing companies selling books. They had some other events going on too, like book talks and information for writers. I didn't really check out those events though. Mostly I just walked around looking at the different books the authors had for sell. I did get into conversation with the lady in charge of the festival. I told her about my hometown library and how they've been unable to get a new library built. She told me that perhaps holding a book festival in my hometown could be a way to help raise some money. She and I spent a lot of time talking about what we'd need to do. She also gave me some programs and fliers to take back with me and show people like the friends of the library. She's going to be sending me some more information. Hopefully I can pass this on and we could get something like this going.

So after I spent a couple of hours looking, I walked back to my apartment, got in my car, and headed to Best Buy. There I bought HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1!!! It took me awhile to decide which version to get. Best Buy is offering 2 exclusive versions of the movie. One comes with a "Making of the Tale of the 3 Brothers" book and the other comes with an extra disc containing 65 minutes of extra footage. Note: Both of these particular versions are Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy versions. It's torture to a Harry Potter fan to make me choose between two exclusive versions like this. I wanted both. I finally had to call my brother and ask him what he thought. Also, I noticed that the extra disc version was cheaper so that helped. I was so excited! I found it interesting when I went to pay for it. There was a father and a son in front of me, they were buying the same version I was. There was a gentleman behind me, he had a regular version of HPDH1! I looked at him with his copy, he looked at me with mine, he nodded at me and said yep and I did the same. OMG! I was so happy to have my copy. I literally was jumping with joy! I'm such a Harry Potter nerd! Had I not had to go to church, I would've already watched it. But I will be tonight which is why I'm writing this now. That way I'll have nothing to distract me!

After I got the movie I went to Panera and had a yummy salad and wrote some more in my journal about something that happened earlier this morning. When I came back home, I relaxed a little bit and then got ready for church. I left earlier since it's Palm Sunday and was going to be a bit busier. As I was about to head inside my brother called me. Apparently my mom wanted him to call and talk to me about what happened on Wednesday. Of course, as he said, there isn't a lot he could do. But he and I talked for a little while. He's known about my fear. Again, there isn't much he could do. He just made sure it was ok and listened to me. Apparently he's not such a big fan of bugs either and neither is my sister-in-law and my nephew. His fear is Spiders and he has trouble dealing with them like I do. I felt somewhat better after talking to him. At least I feel as though my brother understands a lot better than my parents do. I certainly can tell him more. It also makes me feel better knowing that he's a bit afraid too.

Finally tonight (or more like tomorrow) is Palm Sunday. For some reason, I always like Palm Sunday(and Easter). I like the reading of The Passion during our Gospel. It just always makes me think about things. Good things and bad things. I just enjoy it for some reason even if the reading is a bit long. Also, we receive palms and it reminds me of my mom. I always remember my mom taking the palms and making a cross out of them. She still does. It's weird because though I can do origami and make things like cranes, I cannot make a palm cross. I know my mom has shown me before but I cannot remember how to do it. I hope someday she can show me again. It just reminds me of her and makes me miss being with my family during the Easter holiday.

So there you go. Lots of topics today for your enjoyment. Now I'm off to finish eating dinner and the HARRY POTTER!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment