Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BEDA Day 20: Lent Fail

So Lent officially ends Sunday with Easter. I have to say that I'm excited for Easter. I'm not doing anything super exciting or anything but I'm still pretty excited. It certainly would be nice to have family here to celebrate but that's not going to happen. At least not this year anyway (perhaps next year when my mom has retired she might come down and spend Easter with me). I'm not even going church on Sunday but instead am going to a Vigil service Saturday night. I'm planning on going sometime on Saturday morning to JCPenny's at the mall to buy a nice top to wear later that evening. I'm also planning to dye some eggs Saturday too. I've already bought a few Easter treats: Peeps and some mini Cadbury eggs. I already have a dinner plan for Sunday as well. I just need to go get the stuff tomorrow. Basically, my Easter is planned out already. Oh yeah there's also the fact that I have an assignment due on Sunday. I chose the due date for my final project for my History of Youth Services class. The final due date for the project is May 1st. But I'm presenting my project on Sunday. Basically it just means that I post it to the class discussion on Sunday and then if needed, I can make corrections/changes until May 1st.

Anyway, moving on. So at the beginning of Lent, I decided that instead of giving up something (partially because I couldn't decide what to give up), I would add something. I decided to go healthy and add in some exercise. Of course, this was also decided when I was at home for Spring Break. My mom has been walking on a regular basis and I would join her. If it was bad weather, we'd play Just Dance 2 on the Wii and exercise that way. Sometimes I'd just play it because I wanted too and I loved the game. I vowed that I'd keep the exercise up when I returned to Denton. I even had an idea of where I'd go to walk. Well, it didn't happen. First off, when I returned it was chilly for a few days and then it got really windy for several days. Now basically, I have no more excuses, I just haven't done it. It's not like I haven't thought about it either. I have every intention of doing some sort of exercise but I just never actually do. Although, within the past couple of days I've been seriously thinking about doing something again. As I've said time and time again, I just seem to have lost the lack of motivation as well as just been stuck in a rut with my life. I have the need and desire to do stuff and get out more but I just don't. Something is holding me back (although again, it's getting better thanks to some help). With only a few days left, I could do something but it really wouldn't make a difference that much. I still hope to do something because quite honestly I need to do something.

It's not like I'm completely unhealthy. In fact I'd say the opposite. I rarely get really sick. The only things that I get are colds, bad allergies, and sinus infections which are all kinda similar. I also don't really eat a lot of bad foods either. I eat a lot of fish and a lot of salads on a regular basis. In fact most of the things I eat are healthier options. I've also been trying to cook more recently and limit how often I eat microwave meals. Really exercise is the only thing I don't really do. I do walk to places. I walk to the library and downtown but other than that, I don't really walk for exercise. I realize that I need to do some exercise because I'm not really fit. I can't really do push-ups or sit-ups. I haven't been able to do either one since I was little. In fact, I don't think I've ever been able to do either one. I've just never been very athletic. I mean I can do them both just not for very long or very well. I'm not even overweight or anything but still I do realize that I need to exercise more.

So basically, my goal to add in exercise was a fail. I started off great but then again, I also had the motivation as well. When I returned to Denton, I didn't have the motivation anymore so I just didn't do it. I know I should just do it anyway despite the lack of motivation but it's something I feel I need to keep me going. Exercise is good. I just would rather avoid it as it seems.


PS. I wrote a poem for a contest today. Check out the post below and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I avoid exercising at all costs. I'm running a 5k in 3 weeks, so I've actually been running regularly for the first time ever, and it's been really good, to have motivation for once! And so see how much better I'm getting at it too! It's a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete