Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BEDA Day 26: Born This Way

I'm not sure what else to talk about so I'm going to talk a bit about tonight's Glee episode. However, I'm not going to talk about the actual episode so much as the song it was based on.  However, be advised that that there may be spoilers. The episode was based on Lady Gaga's new song "Born This Way". I heard the song the day it was released and feel in love with it. The message of the song is a strong one. It's basically just about accepting who you are regardless. That same message was presented in tonight's episode of Glee with each character having some sort of revelation of who they really are and accepting that fact. I felt it was a great episode and this is coming from someone who has recently been disappointed by Glee.

This episode had me in tears at some points. One of those times being the final number performance of Glee's version of "Born This Way".  When the cast showed off their white t-shirts with things about themselves they didn't like but have accepted written on them, it spoke to me. Phrases like "Four Eyes" and "Brown Eyes" just made me think about myself. The whole episode did really. There are times that I hear a song so much and love it that I don't really think about the message behind it. I may know the message but it's one of those things that I tend to forget. It's the same with with "Born This Way". I've heard the song so much and I know the message behind it but haven't thought about it so much.  At least until now. I've said in the past that I'm not exactly pretty and I have things I don't like about myself. Everyone does. I'll admit that I don't like  my face because I have skin issues and while I do like how my glasses look, sometimes I wish I didn't have to wear them. As I've said before, I don't consider myself to be pretty. I'm just average. For the most part I'm ok with this but  sometimes I'm not. However, tonight's episode of Glee, made me really think about things like this. I think that's why I broke down. The truth hurts.  The episode made me just really think about myself and what I would put on my T-shirt if I was a member of the Glee cast.  I'm learning to accept myself and the fact that I was "Born This Way".I've begun accepting myself for who I am. Have you?

" I'm beautiful in my way, 'Cause God makes no mistakes/ I'm on the right track baby/ I was born this way".

No comments:

Post a Comment