Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Poem for a Contest (Non-BEDA post)

I wrote a new poem for a contest that I need to turn in today by 11:59PM and wanted to some feedback on it. I thought I'd post it here in my blog instead of Tumblr so that everyone can see it. If it's good enough, I might post it on Tumblr too. Keep in mind that this may not be the final version and that it might end up changing slightly, especially if suggestions are made. I'll be honest, I haven't written a poem in almost a year. The last one I wrote was a poem based on my graduation from Oklahoma State. It was suggested that I write another poem to give as a memento to those people that came to my graduation party back home. Since I had written a poem about my high school graduation it made sense to write one for my college graduation. Anyways, I'm rambling and getting off topic. So I'm going to stop talking now and let you read the poem. (Let me know what you think!)


Clouds


My life has normally been
Filled with many sunny days
Some days are partly sunny
There's hardly ever any rain
Lately, the sunny days are few
Gray clouds have appeared
And refuse to drift away
Sometimes they bring a fog
A little too thick
That feels like it
Will never fade away
But that fog is finally
Beginning to thin out
The gray clouds
Have begun to part
Rainbows are starting to appear
And the sun is slowly beginning
To shine once more

No comments:

Post a Comment