Saturday, April 30, 2011

BEDA Day 30: It all ends here...

My last BEDA post. Hard to believe that it's ending.It's interesting to note how many things in my life seem to be ending.

First off BEDA has ended and oddly enough, I'm a bit sad about it. I'm sad mainly because it gave me a reason to write everyday. It forced me to write on a regular basis. However, I do think that I'll continue writing both IRL and definitely blogging. With everything that's happened within the past month, BEDA has helped me a great deal. It gave me a reason to get back into writing which has helped me deal with my emotions lately. 

Second, the semester is ending which is nice for me. This also means that my projects are ending. I have only a couple to finish up and turn in and I'm officially done with the semester. Once the projects are in, I just have the grades to wait for. The good thing about grad school is that I no longer have Finals to deal with. Just final projects which are usually due the week before (Dead Week).  I'm looking forward to being finished particularly with my 5200 class. The downside is that I don't really have much of a break before starting back up with Summer classes. I have a May minimester class that begins on the 16th of May then I have a regular Summer class. Both are Youth Literature classes. The one in May is a multi-cultural literature class while the other one is just general youth literature.

Third, my sessions are ending. This coming Friday is my last session for the semester. I'm a bit nervous about them ending. I feel as though I'm made a lot of progress and have certainly improved over the last month.  However, I'm still uncertain about the ability in myself to keep improving and keep moving forward. I'm sure I'll be fine though but we'll see how it is when after I return back after the summer.

Fourth, the fact that Harry Potter is ending with the movies is finally becoming more real. With the release of the Deathly Hallows Part 2 trailer this week, the realization that this is it has begun to set in.Part of my childhood is ending. As I talked about earlier this week, at least when the last book came out, us fans still had the movies to be excited about. But after July 15th, there won't be anymore midnight releases of anything. There's always the theme park to be excited about but it won't be the same so much.  None of it will. I know that I'm going to be an emotional wreck at the conclusion of the film but like everything else, it has to end.

Also, though it's not really something that's happening for me this year, several of my friends are graduating from either high school or college in a couple of weeks. So for them one part of their lives is ending and another to begin. Also a few of my friends are getting married soon so there's also that.

"When one door closes, another one opens"  "The ending of one journey is the beginning of another"


Nothing lasts forever and I realize this. I feel like I've accomplished things over the last month and have changed. While I ended up not doing any VEDA posts like I was hoping for, I did at least accomplished doing BEDA completely for a second time and that's something I can feel proud about.

So this is it for now. Hope you've enjoyed my posts this month. And now I shall leave you with this movie tagline

"It all ends here"

No comments:

Post a Comment