Thursday, April 21, 2011

BEDA Day 21: Quality vs Quantity and Lack of Creativity

Yesterday, several bloggers talked about how things like BEDA/VEDA have created a lack of creativity and how they dislike this. They think that people should pick a theme if they don't have anything interesting. Now I'll admit that I haven't had a lot of interesting posts this month. But that's mostly because I don't do anything all that interesting on a daily basis.

One person claims that they don't post Daily recap blogs unless they absolutely have to. I've fallen victim to this style of blogging frequently during this month. Usually it's because I don't have anything else to say. I do try to make my posts more interesting and I feel like they are but sometimes I'll admit they aren't. In one of those blog posts I read, I it was mentioned how they felt they had crap blog posts this month and  I know I have too.  Sometimes you can't help that.

They also feel that there's a lack of quality over quantity. I tend to agree with this. While my blog posts have never been read that much anyway, I feel like they're read a lot less during BEDA. With all the posts, mine get lost in the mix.  I've been blogging mostly for myself. BEDA has gotten me to start writing again which is something that I've been needing lately. I do however, wish that my post were read a lot more than they are. I feel that I'm writing and just sending my post into the vastness of cyberspace where they get sucked up and dissolve  into nothingness. I feel as though people wouldn't care if I didn't post a blog post. I care but no one else seems to. I wish more people would care because I feel as though it might motivate me more. I do think that BEDA has pushed me to be more creative but at the same time I feel that it has limited my creativity.

The forced creativity is good to a point. However, I do think that creativity isn't something to be forced. I'd rather blog when the inspiration hits me rather than working on a forced schedule. So there are good sides and bad sides of BEDA. I'm not entirely sure if I'll keep blogging after this month. I do plan to but who knows. Regardless, BEDA has gotten me writing again and actual writing again.

1 comment:

  1. I care, but I'm quiet. Apologies. My only advice (such as it is) would be to break up your blog posts into more paragraphs. It's a bit difficult to read without more paragraphs (to me). It took me a while to realize this in my own writing, but the world seems better with spaces. (I make no sense. Carry on.)

    And blogging for yourself is AWESOME. <3

    ReplyDelete