Monday, April 16, 2012

BEDA Day 16: I can't curse

 I posted this on Tumblr a while back ago but I figured I'd post it hear on my regular blog as well and add some more to it. 

I’ve been wondering why I can’t seem to curse. Practically everyone I know does but me. My older brother and even my close friends. I don’t and I don’t get why not.

It's not like I'm a kid anymore and will get in trouble if I do.  I’m legally an adult and I could curse but I just can’t seem to bring myself to do it.  It's just really weird for me.

I grew up knowing that they were “bad words” and that they weren’t nice to say. I even got in trouble a few times for accidentally letting them slip. I will no longer get in trouble since I’m not a child but still. I can make my own decisions and such.

I certainly have thought about saying the words in my head but physically saying them aloud? I just can’t bring myself to say them even though I could. I mean I can even say them when they’re in a song for some reason (“Bad Romance” is an example. One word that’s repeated throughout and I can’t even say it).  I can’t even seem to write the words or type them!

I’ll reblog things with the words and I have no problem doing that since it’s not actually me. It’s weird. I’M weird. What is the big deal? Why can’t I curse?

It’s not like I want to become someone who curses all the time. But to be able to say the words every once in awhile without feeling so bad about them. Why can’t I do that? No one else seems to have that problem but me.

I'll tolerate them if they are said in things like music or videos but only to a point and then sometimes I still can't stand them. There's a new video I've been wanting to watch because it seems like it'll be funny but apparently they drop curse words like it's nothing. I know this because a friend of mine live tumbled when she watched the video and pointed it out. Now because of that I can't  seem to bring myself to watch said video.

It just doesn't make sense to me.  Why is it so hard for me?  I have friends that'll say curse words every once in awhile but it's not like they do it all the time. Then there are some people who that's their "normal" language. They say them all the time and yes, it bothers me. Like nearly every other word that comes out of their month is a curse word.

Truth be told, I think it sounds horrible. It doesn't add to a person at all. In fact to me, sometimes it makes me think twice about them as a person.  Mostly this applies to certain people. My friends on the other hand, it doesn't make a difference to me. 

I've already admitted that I'm not an overly religious person. In fact, I've been struggling with some things regarding my feelings. Perhaps though, that's what's stopping me? Somewhat?

But then again,it doesn't make a difference. I know some fairly religious people who still curse. I mean they don't do it all the time but still. So really it shouldn't make a difference.

I just don’t understand why it’s so hard for me. I’ll admit that it does bother me a bit when others do it but perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad if I were able to bring myself to say the words.

As if I didn't feel different enough, this just seems to add to my list of reasons I'm different.  I’m just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment