Saturday, April 28, 2012

BEDA Day 28: Dreamless/Restless

For once this post is going to be relatively short. Mostly because I don't really have a lot to say. It's also a bit random. Just thoughts going on in my head. 

For some reason lately I've been having trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.  As far as I know, I'm not worried about anything and don't really have anything on my mind. I mean I have things on my mind.  But that's not unusual and it's not things that should keep me awake.

Yet for some reason, I'm still having some trouble.  I feel like all my problems are fine at the moment.  Things are ok in general. Sure I've been busy with schoolwork and a little stressed over it but I wouldn't think I'd have trouble sleeping because of it.

It's weird. I'll even go to bed early some nights because I'm simply just tired but yet, it'll take me awhile to fall asleep. Then sometimes I'll wake up a few hours later or minutes later for no apparent reason.

I've also noticed that lately I haven't really had any dreams. I mean I don't always dream or that if I do I don't always remember them. However, it just feels like lately it's been awhile since I've really dreamed. Many times my dreams are weird anyways.

It's not like my bed is uncomfortable either. In fact, my bed is extremely comfortable now. When I came back from Winter break, I got a brand new mattress. It's a memory foam type of mattress which is certainly a lot better for my back. In fact, ever since I got my new bed, I haven't had any back problems.

Some nights I've gotten just a little too warm so maybe that's a reason  I haven't been able to sleep. I really don't think so though.

Maybe it's the excitement of my family coming that's been keeping me awake. Who knows? Whatever the reason though, I've had quite a few nights where I've tossed and turned.

I listen to calming music when I have trouble falling asleep but sometimes even that doesn't seem to help.  I still tend to toss and turn.

I just wish I knew what was keeping me up at night so I can get some rest. Sometimes I wake up feeling more tired than when I went to bed.

 My mind thinks a lot. It almost seems as though it never really stops thinking of things.  It really wouldn't surprise me if sometimes that's why I can't sleep.

I don't know what's going on with my mind sometimes. It seems as though my mind has a mind of it's own.


No comments:

Post a Comment